Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Get More Use from Your Treasures


Over the next couple of weeks I thought I'd share practical ways that I use my vintage finds around my house. I've been collecting pottery for probably 20 years so I have a pretty good stash of flower pots that are extremely handy for holding all kinds of things besides flowers :) In the picture above I've used a Bauer flower pot to hold paper towels; you can also see my salt and pepper shakers and a black and white enamelware box for sugar.


This picture shows another Bauer flower pot used to hold utensils and a Ransburg bowl to hold fruit.


I don't know the maker of this little pot but I've always loved the little cherubs playing on it. This pot has been used for pens and scissors but now it holds my crochet hooks. Get more enjoyment from your treasures by finding creative ways to use them around your home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great way to display stuff, I like the green kerub urn best - cool colour and nice crochet hooks on display!

j. vorwaller said...

how clever! i love the colors of the pots, so pretty instead stuffed in a drawer somewhere...

andrea said...

I find these pots to be incredibly versatile... thanks for sharing your creative uses here!

Toni said...

C- I love and collect vintage pottery too! Your ideas are so right on. I often use mine in the same way. I love to switch them out for a different look.

Nazila Merati said...

I use the bauer flower pots for pencils, but they are so pastelly. I am afraid to use my more vibrant ring pieces, though they make great accent pieces.

Lovely blog.

nm