Saturday, October 21, 2006

Emily August

pod trays 4



Hello, fellow thrift store junkies, yard sailors, flea market fanatics, and dumpster divers. I want to quickly introduce myself and thank Jenny for inviting me to contribute to this wonderful little blog. I've had it bookmarked forever, and always hope to see new snippets of thrifting adventures posted here.

Thrifting is something that completely relaxes me, and gives me a reason to get up in the morning. I would say that right now my wardrobe is only about 25% thrift store finds, but it would be higher if I were a more average-sized person. Thrifting is a way of life. It involves various off-shoots like getting up at the crack of dawn to go to flea markets, yard-sailing, and spotting rejected furniture on the curb. It is dirty and humbling, and takes a lot of time and effort. Many times you go home empty-handed and angry, but it is worth all of the frustration for the good things you can find if you just keep looking.

I take yard sales and flea markets very seriously. They have taught me various histories of things like clothing styles, art movements, and the make of fine furniture. They have kindled the strangest of fires in me to collect things I had never heard of before. I have sold as a vendor at the Punk Rock Flea Market in Philadelphia, held my own yard sales, and participated in big church flea markets or multi-family garage sales. Man, I am addicted to it.

Thank you for reading my introduction, and I hope you enjoy what I have to say about vintage clothing, housewares, and all the goodies I will be sharing with you here. For a preview of what I'll be sharing with you, feel free to check out my flickr account, and drop me a line to say hello. I am new to blogger.com, but not new to blogging, and can't wait to dig in with you all here at tagsaletales! Ciao ciao.

1 comment:

j. vorwaller said...

hello emily august! so happy to have you here!