Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New York City Flea Market Guide

I wanted to post a follow up to my post back in October 2006 about my trip to New York City to visit with friends and hit some flea markets (click here to read that post). I have received lots of emails and comments asking for more details about the flea markets I went to, so I thought I would share with everyone!

We started out at the Hells kitchen Flea Market (and the Cupcake Garden is right around the corner - - and serves coffee and breakfast goodies and is tres cute). We had planned to get to this flea market early Saturday morning, but, do to a late night, we did not get there until a little after 9am which was perfect because it seemed like a lot of the vendors were just finishing setting up. This market is where I got the letterpress blocks and a bunch of great pieces of vintage jewelry. Also, there was a man who had gobs and gobs of vintage ribbon including my favorite, vintage velvet ribbon in every color imaginable! I think I walked away with about 10 different colors, and the more you buy the better the deal!


Me at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market

Once we had out fill at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market, we hoped on the $1 shuttle to the Antique Garage (which is in Chelsea, I believe - if you go to the Hell's Kitchen link above, click on the 'Antiques Garage' tab to read more about it) and THAT is where I found the wonderful old photo album. The man I purchased it from had tons of albums and photos and wonderful old frames. This flea market, like the name implies, is inside a garage, so if the weather is not great you may want to go straight there.

I hope this helps - I highly recommend heading to these flea markets next time you are in New York City!

7 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

This looks amaaaaaaazing! I would LOVE to go thrifting around NYC! Great guide. Thanks! :)

j. vorwaller said...

i love that picture of you hope, :)

An Odd Duck said...

Eww I go to these all time. I'm glad the season is here again.

emily august said...

Wow! Thanks for the info. I live right near NYC and will be checking these out.

Melanie said...

I love love your blog! Fantastic, love the pictures and information!

Anonymous said...

yo good look on the flea marketz!

Anonymous said...

UTICA PLAZA FLEA MARKET 1159 UTICA AVE BROOKLYN NY, 11203

BRAND NEW IN DOOR/ OUT DOOR 14000 SQ FT UTICA PLAZA FLEA MARKET. THE UTICA PLAZA FLEA MARKET WILL INCLUDE OVER 70 CONFIRMED VENDORS PLUS FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT. GRAND OPENING WILL BE HELD FEBRUARY 26TH, 2009.

LOCATED ON 1159 UTICA AVE. BROOKLYN NY, 11203.

THURSDAY , FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY. 7 AM TO 5 PM.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE FLEA MARKET. VENDORS FROM ALL DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD.

CHECK YOUR LOCAL PAPERS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS"YARD AND GARAGE SALES, FLEA MARKETS" SECTIONS.

BROOKLYN VIEW
BAY NEWS
CRAIGSLIST.COM
PARK SLOPE PAPER
BROOKLYN HEIGHTS PAPER
DOWNTOWN NEWS
CARROLL GARDENS - COBBLE HILL PAPER
FORT GREENE- CLINTON HILL PAPER
SUNSET PARK PAPER
WINDSOR TERRACE PAPER
WILLIAMSBURG PAPER
GREENPOINT PAPER
BUSHWICK PAPER
BENSONHURST PAPER
MIDWOOD PAPER
OCEAN PARKWAY PAPER
KENSINGTON PAPER
HOME REPORTER
SUNSET NEWS AND SPECTATOR EXTRA
SILIVE.COM
THE TABLET

attn: VENDORS

If you are interested in renting we have indoor and out door booths available starting at $50.

We have 8ft. table space available starting at $30.



http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Brooklyn&state=NY&address=1159+Utica+Ave&zipcode=11203#a/maps/m::14:40.645455:-73.929796:0:::::/e


MANAGEMENT
UTICA FLEA MARKET
718-809-6550
347-295-2738
FLEAMARKET1159@AOL.COM