Wednesday, January 10, 2007

getting back in the thrifty groove


I always find thrifting after the holidays hard. I usually thrift every week. Then, bam, the birthday-holiday combo that is December takes me out of the tag sale and thrift store circuit for the next month.

When I do venture out again, I feel a little lost. My routine has vanished, and I'm amazed to see how quickly things change in this little town. Today I discovered my regular haunts had been all organized and spiffed up for the new year, with some stores completely rearranged.

I also found these embroidered linen napkins. Do I need napkins? No. Am I a sucker for anything embroidered? You betcha!

Here's to good thrifting in the new year!

5 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Don't you hate that? I've discovered that one of my fave Vinnies has closed down :-(

Connie said...

good find and good luck getting back into the routine

Meagan said...

Thanks for the comments!

I don't know what I'd do if one of my shops closed (funny how we take ownership of these places, huh?).

Karen, I understand exactly what you are going through. I thrift with my 2-year-old son, and have found that heading straight for the toys so he can pick out something small to play with in the cart while I shop works really well.

Good luck, and happy thrifting!

linda t said...

Hi Meagan from WI!
It's me, who grew up in WI!
I know, I call all my thrift stores "my thrift stores"...
I'm finding my best stuff since the Holidays ended!
I think people clear out and make room... and we are the benificiaries of their purging! Yeah US!

Gina said...

They are so sweet.